On the 29th January, 2017, after many hours of discussions, inspirations, meditation, debates and frustrations, the community arrived at our project's vision:
"We will create a community based on
Spiritual Practice, Sustainable Living
and Creative Expression
with an intent to provide a
surrounding where methods of
holistic healing are possible."
To go into a bit more detail...
These are the ideas that together establish what 'community' means to us:
- A living organism of conscious individuals.
- Somewhere to feel home; a family.
- Allowance of diversity and freedom of individuality.
- Supporting each other through lifelong personal growth.
- Staying open to the outside world for inspiration; receiving and being visitors and supporting other communities.
- Children taking part in community activities and to learning freely from each other, the garden, the workshop, the animals and the Nature surrounding us.
- Passing our values and insights onto the next generations.
- A place to grow old and die with dignity.
We believe that the foundation of our community should be based on spiritual understanding, developed by spiritual teachings and practices. This means...
- Communal exchange and self-healing through spiritual practices
- Practicing unconditional love
- Learning to recognize ones ego and to limit it to a healthy size
- To feel and live with the knowledge of the connection and unity between each of us
- Reverance for mother nature
- Accepting and facing death
Our dream is that our lives become sustainable - to us, this is about giving and receiving with awareness and gratitude in all dimensions of our lives. Some concepts are:
- Respectful, kind and loving behaviour between members of the community.
- Living in respectful symbiosis with animals; those we live with those living wild around us.
- Being closely entwined with and observing nature.
- Caring for a rich, diverse and edible garden and allowing further generations to learn the methods of creating it for themselves.
- Appropriate use of technology to become more sustainable, have more free time, and to provide us with information and communication.
- Development of a communal economy in our immediate and local community through self supporting systems.
- Promotion and teaching of skills for self support.
We envisage a place where life is celebrated through song, dance, art and our culture reflects the richness and joys of life:
- Festivals and ceremonies marking the coming and passing of seasons.
- Offering an open space, like an atelier, for art and craftwork.
- Making music together.
- Hosting cultural events.
We collectively recognise the need for healing in the world and in ourselves. We want to promote a perspective where health is viewed in a more holistic way and we aim to be able to provide methods that work towards this goal:
- Offering a place of healing through our work as a community and providing buildings (e.g. Temple, yoga room)
- The group itself being a source of healing and strengthened through group building methods.
- Healing the relationship we have to ourselves and to nature.
- Working with and in the peacefulness and interconnectedness of the forests and Nature around us to promote self-healing.